The first day of school was quite an experience. I failed the placement test, so I was right where I wanted to be: entry level espanol. Three other low-hanging fruit dwellers were with me in class and we all had a good time wading through our four instructors' perfect Spanish. We have four 50 minute classes, one on grammar, one on practical (common sayings), one on verb conjugation, and one on conversation. I have a couple from Baimbridge Island and an architect from Omaha in my class. Very little English in the spanish class. Go figure.
Jen is in a special class all to herself, literally. There wasn´t anyone else at her level, so she had the teachers all to herself. She is moving to a higher level group class tomorrow to get a bit more conversation diversity and a chance to take a break once in a while.
Our orientation tonight took us on a tour of the whole school. Quite nice. There is 25+ classrooms & a computer lab (guess where I am) for all the students to use. A small little cafe serves up snacks & a bunch of rooftop study areas give a nice view while I mix up my "ir" & "er" verbs.
Back to my homework. Once we figure out how to post pictures through these computers, we will most certainly post them.
Still no bags... Let us know if you see them. My bag is black with wheels. Jen's is red with wheels too. Oh, they both have handles and tags that say "Brooks". Very unique.
Hasta luego.
Monday, December 4, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment