Jenny had her 9th anniversary of her 21st birthday on June 23rd and we had a few folks over to help ring in the new decade. The Stottlemyres brought their adorable new <5 week old baby up from the great south end and even The Avery and his new fiance (as of June 22nd) were in town to celebrate.
My beauitful bride has had mixed feelings about this milestone in her life. I keep reminding her that I'll always be older and that makes her feel better. Makes me feel old though.
I did my best to stay in the kitchen and help to let the guest of honor mingle, but my social skills sometimes get the better of me and I end up by the cooler debating the benefits of lighter beer after 10pm with "colleagues". Unlike parties of old, this one didn't run into the morning or get a visit from the local authorities. Our neighbors from across the way came by around 11:30 after a party of their own and we sat and talked about all the places they had lived and heard some of their adventurous histories. Who knew this now florist was such a troublesome kid?
The Skippers stopped by late and it was great to see them. They had family in town and we were thrilled they could break away and stop by.
Evidence:
Courtney and Meagan bringin' peace to the world.
Matt and Jenny take a break between cocktails.
Our deck is a perfect summer hangout.
No party is complete without a drunk 3 year old hopped up on chocolate! Ahhh... Belgian chocolate goes great with Heineken.
1 comment:
...and your inch-thick rare "burgers" are the perfect summer meal (as evident by what I'm doing in that photo). :)
Post a Comment