1998 Sevilla, SpainI wanted to take some time today to give my dad his own special place on our blog, which has become a some-what diary of our married life for Steve and me. My dad has been a steady rock in my life- always someone I can count on and look to for guidance. I spent many years dating guys who were direct opposites of my father because that is what I thought I wanted and needed for my future. I ended up marrying Steve...my rock, but not my first rock. Steve is more like my dad each day I spend with him and I am thankful for that.
My dad is an honorable man who many count on for advice and support. He is trusted for his business practices and valued for his ability to plan an outstanding trip to Vegas for the Shmucks. I am very proud to call him my father and know that I am envied by many people in my past and present. Not many people are lucky enough to have a father who not only is a great teacher, supporter, cheerleader, and financial planner, but also a great friend.
My dad has been there for me as a softball coach, a math tutor, a waterski instructor, and my silent supporter from afar. He has also been there when I have needed a disciplinarian and advice giver. Through it all, I realize what a truly amazing person my father is. I hope he knows how much he means to me and how grateful I am that I was chosen by God to be his daughter. I love you Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment