Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm now a master!

Last Sunday, I graduated with my Masters from Seattle University in School Counseling. I'm am thrilled to be done...no more papers, presentations, night classes. The part that really saddens me is that there will be no more seeing all my classmates each week. It has been 2 great years with truly amazing professionals. I will miss them all, but we have vowed to make plans in the future. I have still not found a job for next year, but that too will come in time. I finished teaching on Wednesday and it was very bitter-sweet. I have loved being a teacher for the last 6 years, but it has also worn me down a bit and I'm excited to the next phase of my life. My parents as well as Steve's parents were with us for graduation and it meant a ton to have everyone there. It was a gorgeous Sunday in Seattle. Can't beat a good Seattle summer day! We leave for Paris tomorrow evening. Eeek! I just got my legs waxed today for the first time. I don't think I'll be going back. It hurt! We're going to try and blog from Europe. We'll see how that goes. Take care!

3 comments:

Avery De Marr said...

LPD tried her first waxing last week and did not like it either!

Avery

Mike Matson said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your trip. You've definitely earned it. Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was great one.
Best wishes and hugs,
Sonja

Lynn Shreve said...

Congrats mi amiga!
You're so totally amazing!
Hope you're having a great time in France! I was thinking about you on your birthday!...Jenny is Paris on her birthday...you go, Jenny