Catchy blog title, eh? Probably the first time it was ever used...We ventured over to the hot side of the state to visit the family and in good global warming fashion, we were faced with mild temperatures and overcast skies (except for Monday). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It didn't rain and it stayed above 50F so we were loving the dry climate. Then I found out it was sunny and 80 over here so it looks like everybody wins!
For those of you who have asked "Does Lucy like the water yet?", see picture below. I don't think it's that she loves the water, but that happens to be where her ball ended up, and very few things can prevent her from getting that ball and bringing it back. "The Fetch is strong with this one."

We played this game for hours. The ball could be in the pool, stuck in the planks of the fence or even in the barbecue, she would find it and get it out. Well, the barbecue did win that battle, but it was necessary. The only way to get her mind off of getting that ball is to take it completely out of sight and the BBQ was the closest hiding spot. She still circled it and tried to plot how she would weasel into the lower grille and attack the ball when it wasn't looking.
We were able to spend some great time with our families and catch up on the latest happenings in Spokane. Lots of work still happening on my Dad's old boat, but progress is visible and very impressive.
I spent Sunday morning with the Walther's visiting their family members at the cemetery. It was good to learn the family names and stories that go with them. I hadn't been to a cemetery since my Grandmother passed and I was slightly anxious about going. But funny stories about family members brought the best memories to the front and made Memorial Day a time to celebrate great memories.
Jen's paternal grandparents:

Jen's maternal grandparents:

The plentiful snow also makes for spectacular water falls in the Spokane River. We walked through Riverfront park and saw the falls at the highest they have been since.... I don't know, but it's pretty cool. Anybody seen my beach ball?
No comments:
Post a Comment