Saturday, April 5, 2008
Kitchen
We are nearly finished with our kitchen remodel! We started it in the middle of February- the dishwasher is being put in as I type and a co-worker of Steve's is coming in the morning to complete the plumbing work and help install our new sink and faucet. The only remaining thing is the tile work and mouldings. Steve and I are both thrilled with the outcome and can't wait to start stocking and using it. Our great friend, Sean Kilger, has helped every inch of the process. Thanks! Here are some pictures...
We (when I say we, I mean Steve and Sean) took the lovely flourescent light fictures and soffets out. We were left with studs and insulation. That was a cold week.
We were extremely smart and hired someone to do the drywall and mudding. No more light soffets!
The top cabinets went in, followed by new flooring (thanks Sean and Matt), and finally the base cabinets. We got our cabinets at IKEA and so far, we are really happy with them.
We initially bought countertops from IKEA as well, but as soon as we tried to clean them with a dustbuster, we realized why they're so cheap. The dustbuster scratched them. Last weekend, we went in search of a cheap, but quick option for new countertops. We almost went with slab granite, but changed our minds when we found large 26"x18" granite tiles. Steve spent most of last Saturday installing plywood, backerboard, and then Sean came over on Sunday for the installation of the granite tiles. A very quick, but labor intensive process! The counters look great!
We have a lot of this brown paper left... Let us know if you need some. We covered our whole kitchen in it. Lucy and Emily had a great time shredding it.
I'll post some more pictures after it's all done. We should have water tomorrow and we'll finally be able to move into the kitchen! No more eating out or eating Hot Pockets/ cereal for every meal!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on being almost done with the remodel, and congrats on making it to spring break! I need to hang in there one more week before....Vegas, baby! Sending you a hug, and even one for Esteban.
I am always in search of Brown paper. Please send to new address :)
LOL
Avery
I LOVE brown paper please feel free to send to the new address. LOL
Avery
Post a Comment