Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bumbershoot

Steve, Lucy, and I had a very exciting day today. We took Lucy to Marymoor Park this morning in Redmond where they have an off-leash dog park which is larger than we could have imagined. Lucy met a lot of new friends, got to swim in the water, and overall, was a fantastic puppy. She's learned to listen to Steve's whistle and usually comes back when she hears it. Too bad I have not yet learned to whistle. We also met up with two of my colleagues, Marietta and Mali and their combined 6 dogs. Lucy loved being a part of the pack!

After all the fun in Redmond, we headed home, showered, got a bite to eat and left for downtown Seattle with Lucy. We met up with Steve's "cousin" Matt at his condo and that's where Lucy stayed for the day. We bought tickets for Bumbershoot, which is a 3-day music and arts festival over the Labor Day weekend in Seattle. We saw The Shins, half of the People's Republic of Komedy show, and a fantastic performance by Rodrigo y Gabriela. If you haven't heard of this band, look them up or download some of their music. They are a guitar duo who doesn't do any singing, but their playing makes up for it. They're originally from Mexico, but now live in Ireland.

Tomorrow, we're both planning on going to work for a bit. I have to get my classroom ready for the first day of classes, which is Wed. Sept. 5th. Yikes! It was great to take a year off of work- I stopped grinding my teeth, having dreams about middle school angst, and overall had a lower stress level. Too bad it can't last! Honestly, I'm excited to be back and in the swing of things again. I think if it weren't for Lucy, it all would be much easier!


No comments: